To unite the Croatian Catholics in the Mahoning Valley, SS Peter & Paul Parish was created in 1911.
The first church, a small wooden-frame building, sat on the corner of Covington and Arlington (formerly Thomas Street).
Father Michael Domladovac, the first Pastor, provided generously for his parishioners through his services as a teacher, janitor, attorney, organizer, and preacher, among his many duties.
Bishop John Farrelly of Cleveland approved the blueprints for a new church building and the cornerstone was placed on Aug., 24, 1913. The first Mass was celebrated in the new church basement on Palm Sunday 1914.
Less than a year later, Bishop Farrelly gave permission to finish the upper story of the church. SS Peter & Paul Church was completed and blessed by the Bishop on July 11, 1915.
In 1917, Msgr. John Stipanovic became Pastor, serving for 53 years. During his pastorate, the outstanding debt of the church building was paid off and a new school built. In 1943, the school debt was paid off. Due to declining enrollment, the school closed in 1973.
Msgr. Stipanovic was very involved with helping Croatian refugees who immigrated to the United States after World War II.
In 1970, Father Branimir Radetic became the third Pastor in the Parish history, serving until his retirement in 1999. Father Radetic guided Croatian Catholics of the Mahoning Valley through their 75th anniversary.
In 2000, the rectory and church interior were updated.
Father Joseph Rudjak was appointed Pastor in 2003. An elevator, large enough to accommodate caskets for parish funerals, was installed because of the 16 steps leading up to the church door. The school building was demolished.
The Parish continued honoring its Croatian heritage by co-sponsoring youth and adult folk dance groups with the Croatian Fraternal Union.